WHY CUSTOMERS CHOOSE YOUR PRODUCT
What It Is
Knowing exactly who your customers are and why they purchased your brand instead of someone else’s is key to refining your marketing efforts.
This outstanding survey tool will give you valuable insights into such things as:
- Where did my customers come from? (source of volume)
- Why did they select my brand instead of a competitor?
- What are the characteristics of my customers? (customer profiling)
And it is free to use “as is” or can be customized for a minor additional fee. Note: the base questionnaire was developed for boats and would require some modifications for other product types.
Developed based on over 30 years of research experience in boating, recreation and other dealer-based businesses, this professionally-crafted survey is easy for customers to take and has a clean/professional appearance. Plus it is “responsive” meaning that it will work fine on mobile devices as well as computers.
This is just one of several free tools available in our Ready-made Solutions collection.
Who It Is For
This sample questionnaire is ideal for boat builders or manufacturers of other consumer durables (e.g., RVs, snowmobiles, ATVs, motorcycles, lawn and garden equipment, etc.) who want to learn more about why customers buy your product.
The following is an outline of the main items included in our “why customers choose your product” questionnaire:
Prior category ownership experience (number owned)
Prior product ownership details (type, brand, year, etc.)
Competitor brands considered (most recent purchase)
Reasons for brand selection (open-ended)
Reasons for brand selection (check all)
Satisfaction with Your Product
Reasons for Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction (open-ended)
Experienced any concerns?
Concern description (open-ended)
Because every business is unique, there are several ways to get additional support or customize our ready-made survey to fit your exact needs:
- Logo: We can add your logo at the top of each page. The default logo is BoaterInput (our consumer-facing site). $300.
- Custom Questions: Do you have some specific questions or topics that are important to your business? We can add or modify questions and help with wording for an affordable price. $300 set-up fee plus $150 per individual question or $300 for “grid” type questions.
- List Hygiene: Before you distribute this survey to your customers via email, it is important that you first make sure that your list is in good shape to avoid annoying your customers or getting “kicked out” by your ISP (for too many bad emails). We will dedupe your list and run it through a validation process to identify any “risky” emails. $500 setup plus $0.02 per email.
- Fieldwork: We can design a custom email invitation and reminder that fits your image and distribute it to your customers. $500 setup plus $0.05 per email.
- Satisfaction Alert Notification: If a customer has an unresolved issue, a quick and professional response is key to customer satisfaction and retention. With this service, we will immediately notify you via email whenever the customer indicates that they have an unresolved issue and wish to be contacted. $300
- Analysis: By default, you will receive a link to view and download your real-time results for free. However, if you would like a professional summary of the results along with specific recommendations for action, we can provide a quote based on your exact needs, sample size and survey length.
- N.M.M.A. CSI Submission: Applies to boat manufacturers and marine dealers only. We can convert your satisfaction scores to the 100 point scale that the N.M.M.A. uses to determine qualification for a CSI award. $500. Plus, if you meet the 90.0 CSI threshold, we can prepare and submit your data to the CSI program administrator on your behalf. $1,000 (to convert individual survey scores, append customer contact information, and to format and submit your file). N.M.M.A. CSI participation fees are not included.
It should be noted that the standard questionnaire was designed for boats. Additional customization would be needed to make it more suitable for other product types (minor extra charges would apply).
A typical custom-made questionnaire costs approximately $5,000 to create. Our ready-made “Why customers buy your product” questionnaire is a much more affordable solution. And, with it you will be able to…
- Access your real-time results via a secure online report.
- Improve your marketing communications by knowing the characteristics of your customers.
- Identify your competitive arena by determining which other brands are most often considered.
- Refine your brand positioning by identifying the key reasons customers chose your brand over the competition.
- Improve retention by responding to any unresolved issues in a timely manner.
Plus, marine manufacturers can utilize this tool to satisfy the CSI requirement for certification and can even submit the results for industry award recognition if applicable.
Ready to Get Started?
Are you ready to learn more about who your customers are and why they purchase your product? Click on the button below to request your personalized survey link and secure access to your survey results.