DEALER SATISFACTION QUESTIONNAIRE
What It Is
The dealer or retailer often plays a key role in the purchase of boats and other “big-ticket” products and can have a significant impact on customer satisfaction. This ready-made dealer satisfaction questionnaire tracks how well you (or your dealers) are living up to customer expectations with the purchase and delivery experience and identifies any unresolved issues in need of correction. Plus, you can track your “Net Promoter Score” (NPS) based on the information provided.
Developed based on over 30 years of research experience in boating, recreation and other dealer-based businesses, this professional-crafted survey is easy for customers to take and has a clean/professional appearance. Plus it is “responsive” meaning that it will work fine on mobile devices as well as computers.
This is just one of several free tools available in our Ready-made Solutions collection.
Who It Is For
Because it is free to use “as is”, it is a perfect solution for marine dealers or small to medium-sized boat manufacturers with a limited budget. It can also be customized for other (dealer-based) product types for a minor additional charge.
The following is an outline of the main items included in the dealer satisfaction questionnaire:
Overall Satisfaction with Dealer
Reasons for Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction (open-ended)
Individual Purchase & Delivery Metrics (e.g., Product Knowledge of Salesperson, Boat Delivered without Defects, etc.)
Experienced Any Concerns?
Concern description (open-ended)
Initial Product Satisfaction
Reasons for Product Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction (open-ended)
Likelihood to Recommend Dealer and Product (used to calculate NPS)
Click to see a live example of our Dealer Satisfaction questionnaire for Quality Boats from Jerry’s Marine.
Because every business is unique, there are several ways to get additional support or customize our ready-made survey to fit your exact needs:
- Logo: We can add your logo at the top of each page. The default logo is BoaterInput (our consumer-facing site). $300.
- Custom Questions: Do you have some specific questions or topics that are important to your business? We can add or modify questions and help with wording for an affordable price. $300 set-up fee plus $150 per individual question or $300 for “grid” type questions.
- List Hygiene: Before you distribute this survey to your customers via email, it is important that you first make sure that your list is in good shape to avoid annoying your customers or getting “kicked out” by your ISP (for too many bad emails). We will dedupe your list and run it through a validation process to identify any “risky” emails. $500 setup plus $0.02 per email.
- Fieldwork: We can design a custom email invitation and reminder that fits your image and distribute it to your customers. $500 setup plus $0.05 per email.
- Satisfaction Alert Notification: If a customer has an unresolved issue, a quick and professional response is key to customer satisfaction and retention. With this service, we will immediately notify you via email whenever the customer indicates that they have an unresolved issue and wish to be contacted. $300
- Analysis: By default, you will receive a link to view and download your real-time results for free. However, if you would like a professional summary of the results along with specific recommendations for action, we can provide a quote based on your exact needs, sample size and survey length.
- N.M.M.A. CSI Submission: Applies to boat manufacturers and marine dealers only. We can convert your satisfaction scores to the 100 point scale that the N.M.M.A. uses to determine qualification for a CSI award. $500. Plus, if you meet the 90.0 CSI threshold, we can prepare and submit your data to the CSI program administrator on your behalf. $1,000 (to convert individual survey scores, append customer contact information, and to format and submit your file). N.M.M.A. CSI participation fees are not included.
It should be noted that the standard questionnaire was designed for boats. Additional customization would be needed to make it more suitable for other product types (minor extra charges would apply).
A typical custom-made questionnaire costs approximately $5,000 to create. Our ready-made dealer satisfaction questionnaire is a much more affordable solution. And, with it you will be able to…
- Access your real-time results via a secure online report.
- Identify what customers really appreciate about your business to help with employee training and marketing communications.
- Take corrective action on any dissatisfiers to improve the customer experience.
- Respond to unresolved issues in a timely manner to increase customer retention.
- Monitor results over time to see the impact of your actions/initiatives.
Plus, marine manufacturers can utilize this tool to satisfy the CSI requirement for certification and can even submit the results for industry award recognition if applicable.
Ready to Get Started?
Are you ready to learn more about your customers and how they feel about buying from you? Click on the button below to request your personalized survey link and secure access to your survey results.